Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful, they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank

Welcome to a new angle on Simply Flowers.  Today, I want you to meet my blogging sisters, and then enjoy flower-filled fashion from "Free People."  

First, after your visit here, feel free to follow links through  personalized stories from an international group of photograhers and bloggers we call "Sisterhood Stories."    We link our blogs together and I'd like to introduce you to your first stop in the circle, featuring the stunning photography of Aziza, from Little Twinkles: http://imagesofmydailylife.wordpress.com

Next, preview "Free People's" Spring fashion, with a rainbow of colors and fields of flowers.  If you'd like to shop, or enjoy the sunshine and style, head over to the "Free People" catalog at http://www.freepeople.com/mar-13-catalog/#1

Finally, if you live in Southern California and want your gardens and flowers to flourish, remember to follow this advice from Florence Sullivan, with April Gardening Tips. http://simply-flowers.blogspot.com/2009/04/calendar-for-growing-flowers-in-costal.html

Until next time, enjoy your garden and the beauty of Spring!












CATALOG CREDITS:                        
Model: Alana Zimmer, Dorothea Barth Jorgensen, Martha Hunt, and Fei Fei Sun
Photographer: Anna Palma                        
Hair: Amy Farid                      
Makeup: Deanna Hagan 



14 comments:

Sara said...

Spring...I do wonder if we'll get one this year in England. :( We'll have to be content with all these beautiful images instead!!

Isabelle Lafrance said...

I love Free People, that collection would suit me just fine :) Love to see that new blog Abby!

Unknown said...

I love flowers! The quote you added was perfect and I agree all at the same time :)

sue said...

Oh my Goodness - these are the most stunning photographs! I think I have one from this collection pinned to a secret pinterest board! Simply beautiful. x

Amarie said...

Great quote!

Unknown said...

I love these photos Abby!! They give a real flavour to a mood I wanted to recreate this year!! xxx

Unknown said...

OOOO - having a bit of a problem leaving comment!! BUT - if this gets through - I love those photos - its a real flavour and feel of something I wanted to get across this year! xxx

Geetanjali said...

Flowers always change our mood.

Geet

My Mobile Photography said...

Nice photography of flowers... I wish to do such photography in future... nice work .. great blesss

Unknown said...

Abby I ADORE these photos!! They are incredible- really stylish, warm and vibrant with an edge to them.. LOVE!

Anonymous said...

incredible photography of beautiful people in amazing settings. following the circle from http://ilafrancephotography.com/blog
what a great idea and sweet way to meet others with the same loves.
peace n abundance,
CheyAnne

Moss For Sale said...

I love the simplicity of your blog and all the color and comfort.

Unknown said...

Free People always have the coolest images, love the colors:)

music said...

Nice post and information about
Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful, they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul. I appreciate for this wonderful job. thankx for sharing.