Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Cottage Garden Curb Appeal

Nothing is more relaxing to me than walking my dog through my neighborhood, and studying my neighbors "cottage gardens."
A White Picket Fence

My home is a small 1950's ranch house, and as my rose and front yard wildflower garden grows and flourishes, it finally occured to me that I want a picket fence, and a coastal cottage curb appeal. Luckily, my neighborhood is filled with this cottage gardening style.
Beach Cottage (Gray)

As my ideas for the the landscape design become solidified, I'll post before, during and after photos of my garden updates. I'm currently studying fencing, arches, and cottage garden accessories.
Descanso Gardens

Meanwhile, enjoy the stroll through my neighborhood!
Spring Flowers

10 comments:

Isabelle Lafrance said...

Your neighborhood is simply beautiful! Lots of gardeners out there! It's really inspiring, thank you Abby! Happy Mother's Day, I hope you'll have a wonderful time this weekend!

Carol said...

Very lovely! Happy Mother's Day!

Sylvia Cook Photography said...

I would love to see your neighborhood Abby, it looks so inviting...a regular Wisteria lane. Do you have all the drama too??
Happy Mother's Day!!

RobinfromCA said...

I'm always impressed that so many of your neighbors garden. My neighbors don't. Most of them have over landscaped yards with professional gardeners keeping the weeds out of the low maintenance yards. We have gardeners that mow and edge (the jobs nobody wants)and that's it. I plant my own flowers and take care of them myself. Your neighborhood looks lovely.
Robin

UB said...

Beauty and bliss. Our gardens in Ireland are manicured, well most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful neighborhood and pictures!

SEO Philippines said...

Very lovely garden

daisy said...

Looks like the gardens are so beautiful and also the landscape. It's so wonderful.

http://sellflowers.webs.com

Gökay said...

Very lovely. Thank you Abby

Unknown said...

Bachelor's pad landscapes are generally typically regarded as British landscapes, lushly rooted having multi-colored jumbles involving blooms and also shrubs, and also developed inside parts having mild winters and also trendy summers. Sad to say, nearly all locations inside the You. Azines. not in the Hawaiian Northwest do not need the best local weather on an British backyard.You can follow the https://www.essaythinker.com/blog/admission-essay link.