Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

“The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.” ~ Jacques Benigne Bossuel

Happy Pink Saturday!
Thank you Beverly at "How Sweet the Sound" for hosting.

Welcome to my flower blog. This week I'm taking you on a garden tour. First stop; my rose garden! The more I garden, the more I realize roses are my favorite flowers.

“The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.” ~ Jacques Benigne Bossuel, originally uploaded by Abby Lanes.

Earlier this year, I added new bareroot roses, and this is the first "pink" bloom on the new bushes.

Next stop... the area women's club hosts a yearly garden tour... and this home had a beautiful waterlily coy pond that ran right underneath the driveway.
Waterlillies

The tour had five gardens, and the perfect mix of garden styles for the tour.
Scenes from a garden tour

The cottage garden had this mullein verbascum album. It was quite frankly, the first time I had ever seen this flower. Thank you to my gardening friend Kate for the flower id. If you get a chance, visit her blog, it's packed full of gardening knowledge and beautiful flowers. http://www.katesmudges.com/
Purple Vintage Mod

Finally, the last stop on our garden tour today, was taken at the flower fields in Carlsbad. There were so many ranunculas there, to focus on one seemed odd, but I thought it was fitting for our tour.
“I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.” ~ Phyllis Diller

I hope you enjoyed your pink garden tour. Stop back soon, and you'll get the rest of the garden tour, and I'll surprise you with giant honeysuckles climbing the walls of a Spanish Villa. Until then, have a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

25 comments:

Sylvia Cook Photography said...

They're all so beautiful Abby, must have been a fun outing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
As allways, beautiful pictures. I love the rose pic with the texture and the soft tones and also the verbascum. I like very much verbascums.

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I'm stopping by to say hello, and HPS!

Beautiful, oh such glory. Bright spot in my grey and rumbley morning here in SW Florida.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Isabelle Lafrance said...

That must have been a great tour, all of these beautiful gardens!
I love the photo of the pond, almost at water level, it's superb!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

KayEllen said...

Beautiful Abby!
I love every moment you caught with your camera:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
kayellen

kate smudges said...

Abby, your photographs are so beautiful. I really like the Ranunculus photo. It would be great to grow them, but they don't over-winter here. The Mullein is gorgeous as is the pink rose. There's something so satisfying about growing roses. I love drying rose petals and keeping them around the house. Reminds me of the garden. Thanks for the shout-out. Have a great weekend.

Claudia said...

What a beautiful garden tour! Gorgeous photos, Abby! Happy Pink Saturday!

♥Mimi♥ said...

What a l♥vely Pink Saturday blog entry. This is the one day of the week when I get to sit for a couple of hours and soak in my favorite color. Thanks for being a part of that day☺

Wishing you and yours a wonderful family weekend. I will be remembering my father who served in WWII, and praying for all of our military who are in harms' way.

BailiwickStudio said...

Lovely flowers, Abby! I've been to the Carlsbad fields - they're incredible, aren't they? ::Jill

Pony Girl said...

They are so pretty. I love your editing! :) What kind of camera do you use? Have a happy weekend!

suesueb said...

this has been a wonderful tour-thanks for sharing!! happy pink week to you!

Char said...

thank you so much for the tour, that was fun and I would love to see more, happy pink saturday, Char

Beansieleigh said...

Very pretty flowers! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope the week ahead is good to you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's Pink Saturday's 1 Year Celebration!

Today I've got Part II of For a Princess (with Part I recapped) - and as it is centered around a celebration, it fits perfectly what with all of the little princesses in their pink tiaras; ) I hope you can come by - I know you'll enjoy it.

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
MaidenShade.com

Marie Reed said...

I just loved the tour! What beautiful blooms you have!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

manila rentals said...

I just love the title of this post..

beth said...

I love garden art. All your photo look great. Nice blog also.

daisy said...

Those waterlily was beautiful. I like it so much.

http://sellflowers.webs.com

Philippine flowers said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I'm been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post.


-fern-

Philippine flowers said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I'm been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post.


-fern-

Dennis said...

I love the verbascums, the bright pink against the white is simply breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most interseting blogs on flowers. You can also have a look into:
http://hubpages.com/hub/want_to_see_the_vegetable_flowers

Anne| silk bouquets said...

Those are very lovely flowers and the photos are so vibrant, fantastic shots. But water lilies always amaze me, they're just gorgeous.