Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cyclamen


Friday I'm in Love, originally uploaded by Abby Lanes.

Everywhere I go in Southern California, I see cyclamen planted in beds and borders. Until I decided to take gardening more seriously, I used to kill every cyclamen I met. It was accidental of course, as I followed my idea that plants like lots of sun and water. WRONG!

This plant likes shade, and minimal water, as to avoid root rot. That's because they originate from dark, densely covered, dry forests. They come in various shades from white, fuschia, pink and ever variagated colors. I found these cyclamen in Roger's Garden. If you ever visit California, this is a gardening store you don't want to miss.
Cyclamen
Roger's Gardens
2301 San Joaquin Hills Rd
Corona del Mar, California 92625
949-640-5800
Toll Free @ 1.800.647.2356

No comments: