Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

A camellia from my garden for Artist Stephen B. Whatley

The internet is a wonderful tool for connection. I have been so lucky to connect with some incredibly creative, caring people here.

I met artist Stephen B.Whatley on Flickr and he could not be a kinder, more wonderful friend. I suspect I will meet him in person one day.

He wrote me such a thoughtful testimonial on Flickr, and I am so grateful to him for that and his friendship.

I am awed by his generosity, and his success as an artist. He has painted the Queen of England, Prince William and Harry, the Crown Jewels and many more of England's royal families, past and present. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how wonderful Stephen is as an artist and a human, so please do take a look at his art.

If you click the title above it will take you to his website, and I've also included his flickr page. Do spend some time browsing his gallery and getting to know him. You will be so happy that you did.

FLICKR:
www.flickr.com/photos/stephenbwhatley/

STEPHEN B. WHATLEY WEB GALLERY:
http://www.stephenbwhatley.com/index.htm

2 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

Beautiful photo, Abby! I look forward to checking out Stephen's artwork, as well. I long to go back to England and photograph the flowers with my newest camera. I haven't been in so many years and I've had three upgrades and loads more experience since the last time. Wouldn't you love to photograph Kew Gardens or the Chelsea?

Elyani said...

Your photo is a lovely tribute, Abby! I love England and everything about it esp. soccer! I went to England for 2 weeks back in 1997 and wish to come back again someday if I have enough money to go there..LOL!
There were so many things to photograph, castles, flowers, the pubs along the roads.