Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

A Stunning Two-Toned Dahlia


A Two-Toned Dahlia, originally uploaded by Abby Lanes.

Stop by the garden of a true gardener, and you never know what might sneak up and surprise you. I've passed a rose garden for months, telling myself to stop by and photograph those amazing roses. I finally did it today. While I was poking through the roses, I found, what appeared to be the last dahlia of this season. It was starting to droop, but I've personally never met such a gorgeous dahlia in person. Meet this two-toned beauty, and if I find the dahlia's name, I'll post it.

I think I'm in love with this Dahlia!

1 comment:

Robert Sarkisian said...

You immortalized this Dahlia beautifully in your photos. Not the reason you stopped at this garden, yet a great bit of serendipity while there.