Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Peggy's Garden

My friend Marilyn, introduced me to her sister Peggy, an avid gardener, a few years ago. Peggy is incredibly creative, and her garden is so inspiring to visit. I had the good fortune of being invited over for lunch in Peggy's magnificent cottage garden, and she allowed me the privilege to photograph and share it with you.


Peggy's Garden, originally uploaded by Abby Lanes.

Peggy raised boys which left little time, or space, for gardening. She kept her backyard pretty barren, so they could play basketball.

After they graduated, a family member asked if they could have a wedding at her house. This sparked a new beginning for Peggy, and her passion for gardening soon blossomed. Here's a sprinkling of photographs from her lovely cottage garden. If you click the title above, I've attached a link to my Flickr page, with more photographs of her lovely garden. Enjoy!

No comments: